Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for Millennials
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for MillennialsCongress ignores the interests of young Americans when it comes to student loans, climate change, workplace equity and gun control.
The Renewable Revolution
The Renewable RevolutionFour reasons why the transition from fossil fuels to a green energy era is gaining traction.
Warren on “the Unfinished Business of Financial Reform”
Warren on “the Unfinished Business of Financial Reform”The senator may not be running for president, but, as George Zornick noted this week in The Nation the speech she gave last Wednesday would likely be her agenda if she was.
A Radical Agenda for Hillary Clinton
A Radical Agenda for Hillary ClintonThe US and the world really have entered a new, uncharted era that demands great transformations, not just incremental changes.
- Russ Choma | Center for Responsive Politics | February 19, 2015Despite record spending of $3.77 billion, fewer Americans donated money in this midterm election than the one before.
- Lee Drutman | New America | February 19, 2015The bill could reduce voter cynicism and the influence of special interest money with one set of reforms.
- February 19, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Mike Lofgren | Truthout | February 18, 2015Intellectual corruption can be as corrosive to the integrity of the bench as a cash bribe.
- Norm Stamper | YES! Magazine | February 18, 2015Former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper on how we can turn war zone occupiers back into friendly neighborhood officers.
- February 18, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | February 17, 2015Over the next two weeks, we’ll be focusing on ideas for making our democracy one that is truly of, by and for the people. It’s a fight we can win.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 17, 2015The best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy. This week: The fundraising potential of Jeb's surname and a proposal for making small campaign donations tax deductible.