Historical Tirades Against the 'Safety Net'
Historical Tirades Against the 'Safety Net'House Republicans were willing to shut down the government over Obamacare. We take a look back at other critics and roadblocks to social programs that are popular today.
The Problem with Genetically Modified Seeds
The Problem with Genetically Modified SeedsVandana Shiva describes the latest battleground in the war on Planet Earth.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
Why Liberals Have to Be Radicals
Why Liberals Have to Be RadicalsRobert Kuttner writes in The American Prospect that the reforms needed to restore the country's shared prosperity are to the left of all the candidates, including Sanders.
- Dave Johnson | Campaign for America's Future | April 22, 2015Congress and the public need as much time as it takes to evaluate the TPP.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 22, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Susan Holmberg | Next New Deal | April 21, 2015Hillary Clinton’s comments on CEO pay could mean that she is willing to adopt some of the progressive messaging championed by Senator Elizabeth Warren.
- Miyoko Sakashita | Common Dreams | April 21, 2015Rather than heed the warnings of Deepwater Horizon, the Obama administration seems determined to double-down on dangerous offshore drilling.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 21, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Katie Rose Quandt | April 20, 2015Congress ignores the interests of young Americans when it comes to student loans, climate change, workplace equity and gun control.
- A Trade Rule that Makes It Illegal to Favor Local Business? Newest Leak Shows TPP Would Do That and MoreDavid Korten | YES! Magazine | April 20, 2015The leaked text is full of dense legal jargon, but a close reading makes its corporate agenda crystal clear.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 20, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- April 18, 2015In this 2003 clip from NOW, two millionaires explain why they oppose a Republican campaign to eliminate the so-called "death tax."