Why College Isn’t for Everyone
Why College Isn’t for EveryoneIt’s time to give up the idea that every young person has to go to college, and start offering high-school seniors an alternative route into the middle class.
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?About half of all American households owned at least one gun in the 1970s. In 2014, only 31 percent had a firearm.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | February 4, 2015Presidential candidates will be spending a lot of time schmoozing with really rich white people with different priorities than the rest of America.
- February 4, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 3, 2015Read Money Talks, our weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | February 3, 2015Today, we're just cynical, which is why there is no massive anti-war movement.
- Tiffany Germain | Center for American Progress | February 3, 2015A compilation of the politicians on the wrong side of history.
- Dahr Jamail | Truthout | February 3, 2015The signs of anthropogenic climate disruption are all around us, evident to anyone willing to see them.
- February 3, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- LeeAnn Hall | TalkPoverty | February 2, 2015And those at greatest risk of losing coverage are women and people of color.