Capitalism and Climate Change
Capitalism and Climate ChangeThe Shock Doctrine author Naomi Klein joins Bill to discuss hurricanes, climate change and democracy.
The Rise of the Working Poor and the Non-Working Rich
The Rise of the Working Poor and the Non-Working RichThe rise of these two groups is challenging the core American assumptions that people are paid what they’re worth, and work is justly rewarded.
Trump is Global Journalism’s American Junk Food
Trump is Global Journalism’s American Junk FoodTrump is an easy target, and, more importantly, he’s profitable clickbait. But Trump is also a diversion from a deeper, uncomfortable discussion about what ails both the US and Europe.
- William Greider | The Nation | May 11, 2015If women were in charge of banking regulation, could they save us from the Wall Street cowboys who crashed the global financial system?
- Morning Reads: Woodward on Money in Politics and What If Corporate Lobbyists Are the Only Ones Heard?Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 11, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Morning Reads: Jeb's Juggernaut, Celebrities for Hillary, 'The Onion' Perfectly Describes Super PACsAdam Smith | Every Voice | May 8, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Peter Dreier | The American Prospect | May 7, 2015Long deployed by the right as an epithet, this form of left-wing populism is as American as apple pie.
- Michael Gould-Wartofsky | TomDispatch | May 7, 2015From black sites to Bearcats, sound cannons to stink bombs, drones to data mining, the components of a new police counterinsurgency program are being assembled with remarkable speed.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 7, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Richard Long | Campaign for America's Future | May 6, 2015Until we take measures to attack the problem head-on, student debt will continue to drag on the American economy. We cannot stand for that.