Historical Tirades Against the 'Safety Net'
Historical Tirades Against the 'Safety Net'House Republicans were willing to shut down the government over Obamacare. We take a look back at other critics and roadblocks to social programs that are popular today.
The Problem with Genetically Modified Seeds
The Problem with Genetically Modified SeedsVandana Shiva describes the latest battleground in the war on Planet Earth.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
Why Liberals Have to Be Radicals
Why Liberals Have to Be RadicalsRobert Kuttner writes in The American Prospect that the reforms needed to restore the country's shared prosperity are to the left of all the candidates, including Sanders.
- Elaine Teng | The American Prospect | April 28, 2015In a region dominated by coal companies and privatized prisons, activist Amelia Kirby charts a new path for her community.
- Morning Reads: Billionaire Auditions Spook Conservatives, Clinton Foundation Donors and State Dept. LobbyingAdam Smith | Every Voice | April 28, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Harvey J. Kaye | April 27, 2015President Obama and aspiring Democratic candidates need to “take a note” from FDR and set a progressive-populist political agenda for the upcoming campaigns.
- Jay Rosen | Pressthink | April 27, 2015In reality, how wrenching and awkward is this gathering?
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 27, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 24, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Sarah Anderson | Foreign Policy In Focus | April 23, 2015The administration's push to ram massive new trade and investment deals through Congress is an unambiguous concession to corporate power.
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | April 23, 2015Just-in-time scheduling makes businesses more efficient, but it's a nightmare for working families.