How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
Why We’re All Becoming Independent Contractors
Why We’re All Becoming Independent ContractorsIt's time for federal agencies like the Labor Department and the IRS to protect workers' rights in the "sharing" economy.
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY State
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY StatePublicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality Wins
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality WinsAs Commissioner Wheeler explained, "This is the FCC using every tool in our toolbox to protect innovators and consumers."
- January 19, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Gary May | Special to BillMoyers.com | January 18, 2015Perhaps the most revolutionary effort to end American inequality occurred almost 50 years ago and was led by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Bill Moyers | January 17, 2015"It's crazy, it's unconscionable, but that is the reality," says noted MIT economist Simon Johnson.
- Karin Kamp | January 16, 2015When Martin Luther King Jr. died he was in the midst of planning a campaign to help the poor. "It is criminal to have people working on a full-time basis and a full-time job getting part-time income," King said.
- Jon Queally | Common Dreams | January 16, 2015Two new studies show how humans' flawed economic systems and vast consumption are destroying Earth's natural systems.
- Katie Rose Quandt | January 16, 2015Neil deGrasse Tyson, Naomi Klein, Bill McKibben…Former guests and other environmentalists you should be following on Twitter. #FF
- Laurie Guevara-Stone | Rocky Mountain Institute | January 16, 2015And the country-wide target is 24 percent by 2030.