We Are All Greeks Now
We Are All Greeks NowUnfettered capitalism is designed to callously extract money from the most vulnerable and funnel it upward, writes Truthdig columnist Chris Hedges.
Can Banks Be Made Honest?
Can Banks Be Made Honest?In a video interview, financial expert Sheila Bair tells Bill about the lawlessness of our banking system and the prognosis for meaningful reform.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
E.L. Doctorow on the Role of Writers in Society
E.L. Doctorow on the Role of Writers in SocietyIn this 1988 interview, the author discusses how the best writers are a nuisance to society, always preferring the uncomfortable truth to the comfortable lie.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 29, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Dean Baker | Truthout | April 28, 2015President Obama must be having trouble getting the votes for fast-track authority, since the administration is now pulling out all the stops to push the deal.
- Elaine Teng | The American Prospect | April 28, 2015In a region dominated by coal companies and privatized prisons, activist Amelia Kirby charts a new path for her community.
- Morning Reads: Billionaire Auditions Spook Conservatives, Clinton Foundation Donors and State Dept. LobbyingAdam Smith | Every Voice | April 28, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Harvey J. Kaye | April 27, 2015President Obama and aspiring Democratic candidates need to “take a note” from FDR and set a progressive-populist political agenda for the upcoming campaigns.
- Jay Rosen | Pressthink | April 27, 2015In reality, how wrenching and awkward is this gathering?
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 27, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…