Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But Trouble
Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But TroubleNetanyahu has learned some lessons from American politics that are far uglier and more brutish than polling techniques and media training.
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy Easy
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy EasyOregon showed democracy is possible by making voting easy. If they can do it why not the USA?
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
- Dave Johnson | Campaign for America's Future | February 7, 2015Instead, the Obama administration is doubling down on the trade policies of its predecessors.
- David Sirota | February 6, 2015Even members of Congress can only view the text of the agreement in a designated room, without their own staff members or experts present.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 6, 2015The Federal Election Commission received 24,000 comments asking for increased regulation of political giving.
- Ai-jen Poo | National Domestic Workers Alliance | February 6, 2015The moral of this story is that a caring America is entirely within reach.
- Clark Mindock | Center for Responsive Politics | February 6, 2015Insurance, banking and defense companies spent big bucks to ensure their interests were included in December's spending package.
- Christian Christensen | Common Dreams | February 6, 2015This is more than just bad journalism, it's an affront to all who lost their lives in a brutal and bloody deception.
- February 6, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Michelle Chen | The Nation | February 5, 2015It's not enough for family policy programs to care for kids while their parents are at work. They have to support the families at home, too.