Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 13, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Anastasia Pantsios | EcoWatch | April 10, 2015Conservative lobbying group ALEC writes pro-fossil fuel, climate-damaging “model legislation” for its members in Congress and state legislatures across the country to pass.
- Kelly Rigg | The Huffington Post | April 10, 2015The Urgenda Foundation is suing the Dutch government for knowingly endangering its citizens by failing to prevent dangerous climate change.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 10, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Katie Rose Quandt | April 9, 2015Banks reward front-line employees who steer customers toward risky loans and credit cards — and penalize those who do not, according to a new report.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | April 9, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | April 8, 2015It’s bad enough big money is buying off politicians. It’s also buying off nonprofits that used to be sources of investigation, information and social change, from criticizing big money.