Don’t Let Them Silence You: Vote, Dammit.
Don’t Let Them Silence You: Vote, Dammit.Casting a ballot is democracy's most cherished act. Never let yours be denied. An essay by Bill Moyers and Michael Winship.
Climate-Change Deniers in Charge?
Climate-Change Deniers in Charge?A Republican-controlled Senate could not only threaten the EPA, it could also reverse the environmental gains we've recently made.
Californians Get Free Electricity From Cap-and-Trade
Californians Get Free Electricity From Cap-and-TradeDire warnings about sky-high electricity bills haven't come true.
The Importance of Being Exceptional
The Importance of Being ExceptionalIn recent years, the phrase “American exceptionalism,” at once resonant and ambiguous, has stolen into popular usage in electoral politics with a profligacy that is hard to account for.
- Mariah Blake | Mother Jones | September 18, 2014On Tuesday, hundreds of citizens turned out for the first public hearing on the controversial social science materials now under review as part of the state’s contentious once-in-a-decade textbook adoption process.
- Emily Atkin | ThinkProgress | September 17, 2014People living close to natural gas wells in southwestern Pennsylvania are more than twice as likely to report respiratory illnesses and skin problems than those living farther away.
- September 17, 2014Ai-jen Poo, head of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, receives a $625,000 award to help expand her movement fighting for nannies, house cleaners and home care attendants.
- September 17, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Alex Kotch | Facing South | September 16, 2014A new analysis by Facing South reveals that judges are poised to spend record sums in the coming weeks to get elected.
- Erika Eichelberger | Mother Jones | September 16, 2014The Chamber of Commerce typically backs Republicans, but this year it's throwing its weight behind business-friendly Dems.