Inside the NY Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture Clash
Inside the NY Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture ClashThe Fed is supposed to monitor big banks. But one new hire was so alarmed by what she witnessed she secretly recorded conversations.
Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP's War on Voting
Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP's War on VotingEighty-seven-year-old Ruthelle Franks speaks out about being disenfranchised by Wisconsin's voter ID law.
Smart Chart: You're Working More But Earning Less
Smart Chart: You're Working More But Earning LessMiddle-class incomes have been stuck in neutral while the rest of the economy has grown.
Record for Midterm Dark Money Broken
Record for Midterm Dark Money BrokenIt's the most "independent" money spent in any election other than the 2012 presidential race.
- David Sirota | In These Times | August 18, 2014Republicans are arguing that Wall Street should have the right to influence politicians’ investment decisions.
- Eduardo Galeano | TomDispatch | August 18, 2014What some of last century's cast of characters -- and the lives they led -- tell us about humanity.
- August 18, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Laura Flanders | YES! Magazine | YES! Magazine | August 15, 2014Cooperative Home Care Associates has 2,300 workers who enjoy good wages, regular hours and family health insurance.
- Bryce Covert | The Nation | August 15, 2014Imagine you’re a single mother working a minimum-wage job with a toddler at home. When your diaper supply runs out mid-month, where can you turn to help you afford that incredibly basic necessity?
- Morning Reads: Quiet Night in Ferguson After Cops Take Off Battle Gear; The Scientific Case Against FrackingAugust 15, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...