Video: The CIA's Covert War Against Castro
Video: The CIA's Covert War Against CastroIn this 1977 documentary, Bill Moyers talks to Fidel Castro about communism, President Nixon and American policy towards Cuba.
Busted: The Internet Tax Hoax of 2014
Busted: The Internet Tax Hoax of 2014The tall tales of the phone and cable lobby keep crumbling down.
Fighting Police Violence Through Music
Fighting Police Violence Through MusicWho are the new Dylans, Public Enemys, Simones and De La Rochas of 2014?
Citigroup Will Be Broken Up
Citigroup Will Be Broken UpSpeaking at the Senate on Friday evening, Sen. Elizabeth Warren said the mega-bank should be broken "into pieces."
- Ari Berman | The Nation | November 7, 2014Since Republican legislatures implemented new voting restrictions after 2010 and SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act, it’s become easier to buy an election and harder to vote in one.
- Sam Brodey | Mother Jones | November 7, 2014States and localities nationwide voted on a host hot-button food and agriculture issues. The outcomes have major implications for policy — and your dinner plate.
- Russ Choma | Open Secrets | November 6, 2014The real story was that such a large chunk of the cost was paid for by a small group of ultra-wealthy donors using outside groups to bury voters with an avalanche of spending.
- Rachel Cohen | The American Prospect | November 6, 2014On Tuesday, the Democrats' economic agenda fared better than Democrats.
- Anastasia Pantsios | EcoWatch | November 5, 2014Climate deniers won a slew of races across the country, fueled by big spending from fossil fuel interests such as the Koch brothers.