Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Laura Friedenbach | Every Voice | May 19, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Eric Alterman | The Nation | May 18, 2015An interview with the New York City mayor as he launches a new “Progressive Agenda to Combat Inequality.”
- Laura Friedenbach | Every Voice | May 18, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- William C. Anderson | Truthout | May 15, 2015It takes a special desperation to risk drowning – or any other kind of death – for a better life. In 2014, more than 3,000 migrants died. In 2015, that number is expected to exceed 30,000.
- John Kiriakou | OtherWords.org | May 15, 2015There's still time for the Obama administration to prosecute US human rights abusers.
- Laura Friedenbach | Every Voice | May 14, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Frank Seo | Truthout | May 13, 2015Senator Sanders needs to articulate a vision that challenges the root causes of migration, while incorporating vulnerable immigrant families into his populist “Political Revolution."