Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog Whistle
Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog WhistleWhy are so few decrying the racial elements in today’s scare tactics?
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow Parties
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow PartiesA roundup of this week's news from our Wild West campaign finance system.
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'A new study shows that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour wouldn't only lift millions out of poverty.
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government Money
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government MoneyWhat justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?
- Jake Bernstein | ProPublica | September 26, 2014The Fed is supposed to monitor big banks. But one new hire was so alarmed by what she witnessed she secretly recorded conversations.
- September 26, 2014Skewed financial incentives and poor communication between clinicians and families can make dying in America a nightmare.
- Dave Gilson | Mother Jones | September 26, 2014It's never been a bad time to be rich in America. But some times have been a lot better.
- September 26, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- John Nichols | The Nation | September 25, 2014As the US expands its airstrikes into Syria to combat ISIS, the congresswoman calls for a "full congressional debate and vote on any military action, as required by the Constitution.”
- Joshua Holland | September 25, 2014We've rounded up some key news and analysis to help you make sense of the latest chapter in America's "War on Terror."
- Dave Gilson | Mother Jones | September 25, 2014A stunning 95 percent of income growth during the recovery from the 2008 recession has gone to the super wealthy.
- September 25, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...