How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
Why We’re All Becoming Independent Contractors
Why We’re All Becoming Independent ContractorsIt's time for federal agencies like the Labor Department and the IRS to protect workers' rights in the "sharing" economy.
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY State
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY StatePublicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality Wins
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality WinsAs Commissioner Wheeler explained, "This is the FCC using every tool in our toolbox to protect innovators and consumers."
- February 10, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Jon Queally | Common Dreams | February 9, 2015Whether the leaks will result in a crackdown on the Swiss banking system remains to be seen.
- Michael Winship | February 9, 2015TV stations end dispute with FCC over public's access to who's writing checks for political ads.
- Miles Rapoport | The Huffington Post | February 9, 2015Nine Republican presidential hopefuls attended the "Freedom Summit" in Iowa last month, but the real important GOP gathering was the Koch's event in Palm Springs.
- February 9, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Deirdre Fulton | Common Dreams | February 8, 2015They claim they're looking out for "people struggling through stagnant wages." But those are the very people who rely on public transportation most.
- Dave Johnson | Campaign for America's Future | February 7, 2015Instead, the Obama administration is doubling down on the trade policies of its predecessors.