We Are All Greeks Now
We Are All Greeks NowUnfettered capitalism is designed to callously extract money from the most vulnerable and funnel it upward, writes Truthdig columnist Chris Hedges.
Can Banks Be Made Honest?
Can Banks Be Made Honest?In a video interview, financial expert Sheila Bair tells Bill about the lawlessness of our banking system and the prognosis for meaningful reform.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
E.L. Doctorow on the Role of Writers in Society
E.L. Doctorow on the Role of Writers in SocietyIn this 1988 interview, the author discusses how the best writers are a nuisance to society, always preferring the uncomfortable truth to the comfortable lie.
- Dean Baker | OtherWords | June 4, 2015The hit parade of failed arguments should convince any fence sitters that this is a bad deal.
- June 4, 2015Doris Kearns Goodwin and Jeff Clements of Free Speech believe that overthrowing 'Citizens United' is worth the hard work of amending the Constitution.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 4, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Barbara Myers | TomDispatch | June 3, 2015Anthony Russo is not a household name, but he was the first to document the CIA's use of torture, five decades ago in Vietnam.
- Leo Gerard | United Steelworkers | June 3, 2015Trade agreements claim to protect labor, but when the government fails at enforcement, Americans end up in competition with child laborers, underpaid foreign workers and victims of human trafficking.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 3, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Fania E. Davis and Sarah van Gelder | YES! Magazine | June 2, 2015South Africans surprised everyone by transitioning to a relatively peaceful post-apartheid society. Here’s what Americans can learn.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 2, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…