Why College Isn’t for Everyone
Why College Isn’t for EveryoneIt’s time to give up the idea that every young person has to go to college, and start offering high-school seniors an alternative route into the middle class.
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?About half of all American households owned at least one gun in the 1970s. In 2014, only 31 percent had a firearm.
- March 2, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Zephyr Teachout | March 1, 2015Publicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 28, 2015"If we're going to keep electing judges, we may have to alter our idea of what justice is."
- John Pudner | Take Back Our Republic | February 27, 2015Many conservative reformers aren't worried about the amount of money in politics, but that too few Americans are participating.
- February 27, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Michael Winship | February 27, 2015As Commissioner Wheeler explained, "This is the FCC using every tool in our toolbox to protect innovators and consumers."
- John Washington | Special to BillMoyers.com | February 26, 2015"I’m still regarded as contingent, less-valuable, dispensable," writes a University of Arizona adjunct professor who joined the nationwide action.