- Yves Smith and Dean Baker on Secrets in Trade
- Full Show: The Top Secret Trade Deal You Need to Know About
- Bruce Bartlett and Yves Smith on Overhyping the Fiscal Cliff
- Full Show: Fiscal Cliffs and Fiscal Realities
- Preview: Fiscal Cliffs and Fiscal Realities
- Matt Taibbi and Yves Smith on the Follies of Big Banks and Government
Yves Smith’s blog, Naked Capitalism, is a highly-ranked and admired website focusing on the economy and finance.
With over 25 years of experience in finance, Smith has developed investment banking strategy for McKinsey & Company, played a role in acquisitions and leveraged buyouts at Goldman Sachs, and established a New York-based mergers and acquisition department for Sumitomo Bank. More recently, Smith founded Aurora Advisors Inc., a New York-based management consultant firm.
Smith’s comprehensive observations of the financial landscape have been published in the Christian Science Monitor, New York Times and Slate. She is also the author of ECONned, published in 2010, in which she “blows the top wide open on the role that economists and policy makers had in enabling Wall Street greed and misdeeds,” according to NYU economics professor Nouriel Roubini.
Yves Smith is the pen name of Susan Webber, a Principal of Aurora Advisors, Inc.