ALL POSTS BY Tom Engelhardt
- August 13, 2015Major producers continue to pump out record levels of crude and world demand remains essentially flat. Could we, in fact, be witnessing a fundamental shift in the energy industry?
- June 22, 2015There were over 30,000 deaths by firearm in the United States in 2013 alone.
- March 25, 2015Based on developments in our post-9/11 world, we could be watching the birth of a new American political system and way of governing for which, as yet, we have no name.
- February 20, 2015There's no end in sight to mass surveillance, police militarization and our permanent state of war.
- February 3, 2015Today, we're just cynical, which is why there is no massive antiwar movement.
- January 9, 2015They would think Washington has invented a system so dumb, so extreme and so fundamentalist that changing it will surely prove a stunningly difficult task.
- October 9, 2014Amid continual headlines of terror plots, we have been relegated to the role of so many frightened spectators when it comes to our government and its actions.
- October 1, 2014Having a labyrinth of 17 overlapping, paramilitarized, deeply secretive agencies doing versions of the same thing is the definition of counterproductive madness.
- July 14, 2014By many measures, the US may be the wealthiest, most powerful nation, but its ability to accomplish anything has shrunk drastically.