ALL POSTS BY Simon Johnson
- January 12, 2016Each Democratic candidate has a plan to clean up the banks. The difference is in the details.
- May 21, 2015The TPP is not only – perhaps not even mostly – about freer trade, and thus who gains and who loses is very much dependent on the exact details of the agreement.
- January 8, 2015 | Updated January 15, 2015The GOP will take advantage of their majority to chip away at restrictions placed on big banks to prevent the risk-taking that led to the 2008 financial crisis.
- December 15, 2014Speaking at the Senate on Friday evening, Sen. Elizabeth Warren said the mega-bank should be broken "into pieces."
- December 11, 2014At the behest of the biggest "too-big-to-fail" banks and as part of the House’s new spending bill, a measure to restrict banks' risky behavior is on the verge of being repealed.
- June 18, 2014Thanks to the efforts of people like Anat Admati and Sheila Bair, there is some good news in the area of financial reform, focused on greater equity in the financial system.