ALL POSTS BY Sarah Jaffe
- June 8, 2017A former senior adviser to Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign has set up a new organization that is reaching voters using an old-fashioned, door-to-door model.
- May 18, 2017Part of understanding how systemic racism works today is to understand how the extraction of wealth from people of color is part of the business model of some large corporations.
- May 10, 2017A majority of Americans approve of the Affordable Care Act and would like to see a health-care-for-all system. A medical doctor says its time for citizens to fight back and end our collective suffering.
- April 18, 2017Chokwe Antar Lumumba hopes to continue the work started by his late father, former Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba, who died while in office.
- April 12, 2017A group of employees at the corporate tech giant have waged a public campaign against CEO Ginni Rometty after she pledged to collaborate with Trump. Sarah Jaffe spoke with one of the organizers.
- April 7, 2017Texas is a case study for other states that are considering anti-choice bills.
- April 6, 2017Jordan Estevao, an organizer with People's Action, says there is tons of work to be done in cities and states "to really shift the political wind in this country."
- March 16, 2017After protesting in Washington, DC against Donald Trump's pipeline plans last week the Indigenous Environmental Network vows to fight to the end.
- February 23, 2017Reflecting on their success in Wisconsin protecting immigrants, organizers are looking forward.