ALL POSTS BY Sarah Jaffe
- August 3, 2017Activists are trying to combat both the accelerated tracking and detaining of immigrants and the use of for-profit prisons to hold them by targeting the big banks that prop up for-profit prison companies.
- August 1, 2017Mari Cordes talks about the organizing she did against the health care bill and why it's important that activists keep fighting for the health care we need.
- July 27, 2017The move to throw more than 20 million people off health care is far from complete, and veteran and novice activists alike are fighting it in every way they can.
- July 19, 2017Sen. Shelley Moore Capito is one of several GOP senators to take on her party and oppose the health care bill this week. One of her constituents explains what she faced at home.
- July 18, 2017Housing Works activist Jaron Benjamin was one of the 80 people arrested on Capitol Hill last week. And he's there again today. He explains why he believes people need to keep speaking out.
- July 7, 2017Americans with disabilities fear the proposed cuts to Medicaid will force them into institutions, lead them to poverty, make them sick and worse.