ALL POSTS BY Neal Gabler
- September 29, 2016Our new series looks at how campaign 2016 is playing on TV and other media.
- September 27, 2016The post-mortems are often more significant than the event itself. The pre-debate narrative set up Trump to win and Clinton to lose, but it didn't hold up.
- September 14, 2016The press always follows the stories and characteristics they attach to candidates, no matter how much journalists argue that they are simply recording them.
- August 2, 2016When male trolls bully their way onto social media and in our elections, who you gonna call?
- July 29, 2016The dilemma of worried journalists is whether to lay off Trump and normalize him or attack and provide more elitist fodder for his supporters.
- July 28, 2016With his last convention speech, the president forced pundits to acknowledge that Democrats are taking back an optimistic worldview.
- July 26, 2016The first night of the Democratic National Convention shows that the media only cares about conflict or scandal, not people, policies or history.