ALL POSTS BY Neal Gabler
- October 19, 2016Julian Assange is no Daniel Ellsberg.
- October 12, 2016Neal Gabler calls out the media for being lazy on Hillary Clinton's Lincoln reference in the second debate and cheers for a conservative columnist's principled critique of the Republican ticket.
- October 7, 2016The news isn't good but our critic is awarding more orchids than onions this cycle.
- October 5, 2016...the Nov. 8 contest is still all about Trump and Clinton.
- October 4, 2016Our critic isn't too happy with the MSM — except The Washington Post.
- October 3, 2016Politico goes deep on Hillary Clinton's emails with analysis of the FBI report and the Chicago Tribune editorial board endorses a third-party candidate.
- September 29, 2016Our new series looks at how campaign 2016 is playing on TV and other media.
- September 27, 2016The post-mortems are often more significant than the event itself. The pre-debate narrative set up Trump to win and Clinton to lose, but it didn't hold up.
- September 14, 2016The press always follows the stories and characteristics they attach to candidates, no matter how much journalists argue that they are simply recording them.