ALL POSTS BY Joel Schwartzberg
- May 9, 2008Bill talks with law professor Philipe Sands about "enhanced interrogation methods" -- code for the use of cruelty in the pursuit of confessions.
- May 9, 2008Exploring how the California Nurses Association is fighting to change the badly-broken American healthcare system.
- May 2, 2008Bill talks with authors Christopher Cerf and Victor Navasky about what the experts said would happen in Iraq, and what actually did.
- April 18, 2008Bill talks with professor Martha Nussbaum about the shaky separation of church and state.
- March 28, 2008Former Sen. Fred Harris discusses the controversial report on the causes of the 1967 race riots — and the state of race in 2008.
- February 29, 2008Bill talks with historian Nell Irvin Painter about the first Gilded Age, and why some contend the second Gilded Age is here and now.
- February 22, 2008Bill talks with author and former journalist Sarah Chayes about how she's been helping Afghanistan rebuild after Taliban rule.
- February 15, 2008The author and free thinker discusses the rise of ignorance in our classrooms, our culture and our politics.
- February 15, 2008Bill talks with photojournalist Lori Grinker about displaced Iraqis in Jordan.