ALL POSTS BY Harvey J. Kaye
- September 4, 2014If you want change, then be prepared to mobilize, organize and fight for your rights.
- July 29, 2014For more than 200 years, American exceptionalism was the idea of liberals and progressives. It was an idea about what America could be, should be and, if we act on it, would be.
- July 1, 2014We need to articulate America’s democratic purpose and remind ourselves and our fellow citizens what it means to be an American, writes Harvey Kaye.
- June 6, 2014The president sought to selectively remember and rewrite the legacy of Roosevelt and the greatest generation right up to his last days in office.
- March 7, 2014Sen. Bernie Sanders says that FDR's 1944 State of the Union speech is a model for what he would like to do for America's middle class. In this post, historian Harvey J. Kaye remembers what FDR had to say.