ALL POSTS BY Dean Baker
- October 22, 2015Journalists are fond of saying what a "budget wonk" Ryan is, but they never talk about what he actually says about the budget.
- June 4, 2015The hit parade of failed arguments should convince any fence sitters that this is a bad deal.
- April 28, 2015President Obama must be having trouble getting the votes for fast-track authority, since the administration is now pulling out all the stops to push the deal.
- February 11, 2015We have large trade deficits because other countries are propping up the dollar. But Obama hasn't included any language on currency values in the TPP.
- January 1, 2015A useful set of market-friendly policies that an economist thinks will lead to both more equality and more growth.
- November 29, 2014Our economic problems are manageable, but they require some serious thought and collaborative work from Washington and the business community.
- June 13, 2014Few policies are likely to have as much effect on improving the plight of the poor as a genuine commitment to full employment economic policies.
- April 18, 2014Economist Dean Baker writes that Piketty's book is a bold attempt to pick up where Marx left off and correct what he got wrong.
- October 29, 2013The Trans-Pacific Partnership is not really about advancing free trade but about making the rich richer.