ALL POSTS BY Ari Berman
- September 2, 2014This week, the state with the strictest voter ID law defends it in federal court.
- August 11, 2014 | Updated August 12, 2014Last week, a federal judge denied a preliminary injunction to block key provisions of the state’s new voting law, widely described as the most onerous in the country.
- June 26, 2014Since Barack Obama’s election, GOP-controlled states have embarked on the most significant effort to restrict access to the ballot since Reconstruction.
- June 25, 2014Think voting discrimination is largely a thing of the past? Think again.
- May 13, 2014Senator Rand Paul has broken away from Republicans on voter ID laws in the latest about face on the issue.
- April 15, 2014Democrats are making voting rights a key issue. Republicans used to do the same.
- April 3, 2014The same people who favor unlimited secret money in US elections are the ones funding the effort to make it harder for people to vote.
- March 7, 2014Twenty-six years after the infamous Willie Horton ad, race-based politics blocked Debo Adegbile's passage to head the Justice Department's civil rights division.
- February 10, 2014Activists hold the largest civil rights rally in the South since the Selma to Montgomery march in 1965.