Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog Whistle
Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog WhistleWhy are so few decrying the racial elements in today’s scare tactics?
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow Parties
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow PartiesA roundup of this week's news from our Wild West campaign finance system.
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'A new study shows that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour wouldn't only lift millions out of poverty.
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government Money
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government MoneyWhat justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?
- Katie Rose Quandt and Andy Kroll | Mother Jones | October 18, 2014There may be no Washington lawmaker cozier with K Street than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- October 17, 2014In this clip, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson tells Bill that as a society -- and that includes politicians -- we are stooping way too low in the way we treat and speak to one another.
- Mychal Denzel Smith | The Nation | October 17, 2014Why are we letting these serious social problems be handled by the criminal justice system?
- Charina Nadura | October 17, 2014Workers from the big box chain held a protest in New York City and Washington, DC, on Thursday to ask for a "living wage" and consistent full-time work.
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | October 17, 2014What justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?